|Category||Natural Diamond Center|
|Created||April 5, 2021|
Platinum Old Mine Cut / Early European Cut diamond and sapphire Deco target ring, size 6.25 or a generous size 6.
As described by the jewelry seller I purchased this ring from:
- old mine cut or early European cut diamond with chunky crown measures 5.4 x 3.8mm and calculates to approx .70ct
- near colorless I - J
- needle-like inclusions in the pavilion and a natural chip likely from the original rough left by the cutter to save weight just under and protected by the bezel (as well as protected by the depth of the ring setting beneath the pavillion)
- diamond appears eye clean
- diamond is encircled by a halo of natural sapphires which are a gorgeous shade of medium blue
- sapphires are in near perfect condition
- ring shows some wear - (unmarked) platinum
My own observations of this lovely ring: These sapphires are the most incredible blue, almost electric at times. I haven't owned many sapphires but these are the best I've seen. The old cut diamond can be quite fiery. Most of the time it faces up plenty white, and sometimes it appears almost champagne particularly from the side (I am very color sensitive). I love the simple setting especially the airline... it's not super noticeable but I think it looks so cool. Milgrain around the sapphire bezel. Such a chic ring! Would make a wonderful unique engagement ring - or not - perfect for a right hand ring or special occasion / cocktail ring. Nice finger coverage overall at approx 12mm. In the close-up photos you can see the wear and maker's tool marks on the underside of the bezel, but I've never noticed them with my eyes. If you wanted it more refined looking, I think a jeweler could easily buff out the fine scratches smooth the shank & polish it up for more shine. I've been very reluctant to let go of this ring but I've rarely worn it and think I've decided on another wedding band I'd rather have and wear more.
** US shipping only, insured expedited shipping is included. No returns as I am a private seller, this is from my personal collection. Offers considered.